Thursday, March 27, 2008

Painting of the Week: Steinbeck Book Cover


So for one of my assignments at school I am going to Illustrate Steinbecks novel: Travels With Charley. I love the book, and plus imagery of America seems to be what I'm really into nowadays. Steinbecks books meant a lot me when I was in high-school, I'm sure they still do now. But I don't have too much time to read lately, hopefully that will change and I'll be able to crack open Grapes of Wrath or Travels with Charley again, it's been a few years since I've read them.

If you find yourself in Philadelphia anytime soon, swing by 320 South Broad Street, Philadelphia PA 19102. The William H. Ely Senior Illustration show is currently hanging and I am a part of it!

Heres a song thats not Steinbeck related at all.. but I've been listening to it on repeat the last week. It's very mellow and has gotten me through the late nights and stress of my thesis and other projects. It's off Neil Youngs newest cd, he's been making great records for so long.

Neil Young - The Way

No comments: