Monday, February 16, 2009

Flowers/Birds

Flowers I bought last week, catching some sun.

In my studio I try to surround myself with things that inspire me. I have posters of bands I like, and many prints and books of artists I admire. I also try to surround myself with things from the natural world. My last plant died, it lived for a year though. In my grief I found another plant at acme, this one had beautiful white flowers. It now sits right next to me on my bookshelf catching rays in the window.

Over the summer I bought a bird feeder. No birds ever came to it. Until about a week ago, when we had an especially windy day, my bird feeder fell down. Now the birds flock to it! It makes me happy to look out my window and see a collection of little finches. Also it drives my cat insane.

Little finches on my balcony.

No comments: