Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New York Comic Con

Saxon, from Mouse Guard.

Thursday I drove down to NY for the annual NYCC. Friday was the first day of the con, then I went to the Society of Illustrators book and editorial opening. It was awesome, highlights included: Tim O'Brien winning the Hamilton King, meeting so many illustrators I admire, meeting Mark English. The rest of the con went well, got to meet David Petersen from MouseGuard, and he was really nice (when I went home I did a quick little Saxon painting, which can be seen above). Ran into Eric Orchard and got a copy of his book, which was amazing. Got a Flash ring which completed many childhood dreams. Thanks to everyone I ran into, you were all really great!

1 comment:

Eric Orchard said...

It was so awesome to meet you!n I felt so comfortable there knowing there were cool people around. Amazing Mouseguard piece! I'm so disapointed I didn't know he was there!!