Sunday, March 15, 2009

Slumdog Colonizer

Danny Boyle's vision of India for the Indypendent.

Here's an illustration I did for the Indypendent yesterday. The article was about Danny Boyle's movie Slumdog Millionaire, more specifically how Danny Boyle portrayed India in the film. This wasn't my favorite sketch, but they picked this one so I went with it (the one I liked had an elephant in it, I really wanted to paint an elephant). They also wanted it to be an irregular shape - I'm not sure if having it fade off is better than a nice big black area at the bottom, but it's different from how I usually work so I guess it's worth it just for the change.

1 comment:

Alison said...

i like this a lot. i especially like how the figure is still identifiable despite the fact that a very distinct portion of his face is not depicted.