Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thinking For Yourself

Independence of thought.

This illustration was done for The Indypendent. The article was about someone who had ideas that strayed from the norm. I wanted to do a painting that was more interested in the overall themes of the article, rather than doing another portrait.

Update: 5.11.08

Einstein on Israel and Zionism Review.

So the Indypendent wasn't happy with the last piece I did, they thought it was too abstract. So for the next final they wanted my sketch that was a straight portrait, I only had hours to finish this one so I did it in pencil/digital. And in the end they went with the initial illustration anyway. Hooray!

2 comments:

pw! said...

i'm loving these quick sketch graphic book covers you've been doing lately too. it's very inspiring to me actually.

Dommy said...

What can you do?

Answer: Punch them in the face with your art.